Story Courtesy CONCACAF.com
The Bahamas’ Ehren Hanna (pictured) in CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship action against Barbados on March 28, 2015, in Costa del Sol, El Salvador. (Photo: Mexsport)
COSTA DEL SOL, El Salvador – Group C play in the 2015 CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship opened Saturday at the Estadio de Futbol Playa with two teams scoring four goals…one of them lost, while the other won.
The defending champion United States (1-0-0, 3 points) posted a 4-1 victory over a determined Antigua & Barbuda (0-0-1, 0 points) side, while Barbados (0-0-1, 0 points) fell 10-4 to the Bahamas (1-0-0, 3 points).
The Bahamas duo of Lesly St. Fleur and Gary Joseph were the stars of the day, each netting hat-tricks.
CONCACAF.com recaps the Group C action:
Bahamas 10, Barbados 4
– Opening match of the tournament
– Match was level at 3-3 after the first period
– Bahamas outscored Barbados 7-1 over the last two periods
– Lesly St. Fleur and Gary Joseph scored three goals apiece for the Bahamas, while Nesly Jean contributed with a brace
– Akeem Bourne struck twice for Barbados
Antigua & Barbuda 1, USA 4
– The first period ended scoreless
– Four different players scored for the USA: Andrew Feld, Chris Toth, Lewie Valentine and Nicolas Perera
– In the second period, Omarie Daniel scored Antigua & Barbuda’s lone goal
– Antigua & Barbuda’s first-ever CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship match
NEXT GROUP C GAMES
Monday, March 30, 2015
Bahamas v Antigua & Barbuda, 5:15 p.m. ET
USA v Barbados, 9:00 p.m. ET