In our first contest on Saturday:
Rangers Pull off 3 in a Row

Newly Promoted Ottos Rangers have pulled off another win in a 2-0 affair against Sani Pro Fort Road. Skipper Shaquille Carr opened early in the 6th minute to give his team a 1-0 lead. Elijah McDonald made it 2-0 at the 45 minute mark when he scored in a free kick situation. Fort Road had no reply to any of the two attacks.

Now with three wins in a row the Ottos team are safely out of the relegation zone into a comfortable 6th place in the standings.
Fort Road unfortunately have dropped to 7th and are in currently in trouble of ending up in the play-offs.

In the feature match of the evening we saw:
Rakeem’s Grenades Versus Quinton’s Rocket Launcher

Urlings conceded their ninth defeat of the campaign as they went under 3-1 to Jennings Grenades. Rakeem Henry notched up his twelfth goal of the season with a PK after Oalex Anderson was brought down by the Urlings custodian.

Anderson would also add his name to the score sheet with a second half strike that put his team 2-0 up. Henry got his brace 6 minutes later putting more distance between their round south neighbours, 3-0.

Urlings would however convert through their talisman Quinton Griffith with his trade mark free kick aka “The Rocket Launcher”
Score line at the final whistle 3-1.

In the first game of Sunday’s Triple Header:
5 Islands stage epic comeback…. almost

A seven goal game split 4-3 in favour of Old Road team as 5 Island’s seemed bent on pulling it back. Erskim Williams got the breakthrough in the 10th minute, 1-0. At the other end Donald Francis came dangerously close with a headed opportunity which he placed over the bar.
Captain Stephan Smith converted a PK in the 29th minute applying more pressure on the team from west. He then doubled his account 4 minutes later as he broke through his opponents defence, 3-0.

5 Island did themselves injustice when their defender Conrad Brown converted an own goal (OG) in the 62nd minute, 4-0. However Old Road generously repaid the favour with an OG in return. Byo Martin of Old Road gave 5 Island their first goal in the 75th minute, 4-1. Diego Silva then cut the deficit in half when he converted a PK in the 84th minute, 4-2.

With 6 minutes to go Samuel Semper rocked the crowd with a blistering shot that even Quinton Griffith would have been proud of. Apparently he has been taking lessons from the Brazilian team-mate. With the score line now 4-3, the crowd were in high anticipation of the equalizer but it was not meant to be. Overall it was a good fight back.

Next Up
Parham stay on-course for the title:

Parham’s encounter with Bassa started out with a blunder which they were happy to accept. Bassa’s defender Brian Edwards gifted an OG to his opponents, giving the lead in the 9th minute, 1-0. Captain Tevaughn Harriet added insult to injury when he pushed the score to 2-0 in the 22nd minute.

The second half was played almost goal-less until the last minute when a blunder between Parham defender Ranjae Christian and GK, Molvin Joseph, rewarded Bassa with the 4th OG of the day. The mis-communication meant that Molvin would end the game with an un-cleaned sheet. Full time score Parham 2, Bassa 1.

And Finally In the Main event:
Hoppers beating SAP for the second time in the competition?

The last time these two teams met, the encounter ended in a 1-0 defeat shattering a 28 game win streak nurtured by SAP. This mouth watering fixture brought out one of the largest crowds to the ARG. Everyone watching to see the outcome between the current champions and their streak-ending opponents.

The game got on the way….SAP playing maturely….. More reserved…. but Hoppers with their speedy bunch shocked the champions with a 2 minutes blitz. Kareem Wilson snuck through with a neat finish past Miguel Baez in goal.
Hoppers provided more drama for the fans as Tamarley Ziggy Thomas out foxed blew past his markers on the right wing then squaring it in invitingly along the ground for the attackers. Baez however anticipated the goal bound play, came off his line to make a do or die 50-50 sliding save to deny them the chance. Scores at the half…1-0.

At the resumption of play, SAP came out a little bit more determined, a few shots on target. However a corner kicks at the other end for Hoppers which resulted in a rare spill from the hands of Baez – undoubtedly the best GK in the tournament. In a split second the diminutive Eugene Kirwan pounced on the loose ball and had it bulging the roof of the net, 2-0. The crowd went up in such an uproar. This spelt certain defeat for the Bolans team.

The final goal came in the 85th minute – a little too late – as Peter Byers caressed his shot past Carl Joseph in goal. That was it until the final whistle. The champions have nothing on Hoppers this season.
And with that result Hoppers and Parham claim 1st and 2nd place in the table. Look out for more exciting football action coming your way next week.

Be sure to catch all the stats right here at