Stefan Smith led Lime Old Road to a commanding 4-1trouncing of struggling All Saints United in the feature encounter on Sunday night.

Smith who scored in the last three matches after missing the opening encounter was on target in the 34th minute with a header. The Striker wasn’t finished as he took his tally of goals to 5 from 4 matches converting from the penalty spot in the 49th minute of play.

Smith had help on the score sheet from Elvis Thomas who struck a header in the 21s. Gayson Gregory rounded off the scoring 4 minutes from the final whistle with a bullet like free kick. All Saints United were ahead as early as the 5th minute through a Tyo Simon own goal.
In the end United added more insult to their vicarious discipline situation with defender William Lewis been sent off for striking an opposing play. Through 4 games United one of the league’s most talented team boast a league leading 5 red cards issued so far.

In another affair on Sunday Champion Footwear Hoppers did not have to be at their utmost best to keep Willikies winless, defeating the men from the east two goals to nil.

Tamarly Thomas latched onto a defensive blunder on the stroke of halftime and making no mistake, the speedy midfielder placed his shot out of reach of the Willikies custodian. Then on resumption Tony Thomas extended the Green Bay men’s lead when he fired home from close range. Hoppers could have doubled the score line in the final moments of the game but failed to capitalize on easy chances.

In the early match of the day Asot’s Arcade Parham downed Sea View Farm two goals to nil. Jamie Thomas hit home in the 19th minute of play then Grenadian Ricky Charles added another in the 69th.

Twenty-Four hours earlier, Sugar Ridge Sap continued their dominance while A&R Celtics recorded their first win in the I-Mobile Premiere Division on Saturday. Sap kicked their way to a narrow 2-1 win, coming from behind to edge Education for Advancement Bassa.

Troy Dublin opened the scoring in the 15th minute for Bassa from the penalty spot but Francisco Jimenez pulled one back with a well placed free kick to level the scores at 1-all going into halftime. On resumption, the prolific Peter Byers found the winner in the 73rd minute of play which helped his side remain perfect from 4 matches.

In the other encounter, Manlite Simmons led Celtics to a 3-1 triumph over Paradise Boat Sales Fort Road in the battle of the promoted sides.

Simmons hit home in 24th and 75th minute. Uroy Peters netted the other goal for the victors. But minutes from time Fort Road benefitted from an own goal by defender Kevon Sheppard.