See Zaine Francis-Angol’s Goal Here:

Motherwell earned their first point from Celtic this season after goals from Zaine Francis-Angol and a John Sutton doubled secured a 3-3 draw.

For the second consecutive match, ‘MotherWell raced into a two-goal lead but the Parkhead side had fought back to take the lead five minutes from time it took an injury time equalizer to reward ‘Well for their fabulous contribution to an exciting game.

The Premiership Champions looked a bit stunned and as ‘Well grew in confidence, it should have been 2-0 after 13 minutes. A great through ball from Iain Vigurs sent Henri Anier haring towards the visitor’s goal but, after cutting across the box, the Estonian’s left foot shot was eventually blocked by Efe Ambrose.

Stephen McManus then had a brilliant block just outside the six-yard box to deny Scott Brown.

All Motherwell’s hard work looked to be undone when Vigurs’ trip on Anthony Stokes at the edge of the box presented Celtic with a penalty. Kris Commons, deadly from the spot this season, hammered his spot kick low to the right but Gunner Nielsen at full stretch palmed the ball off his line for a wonderful save.

That lifted ‘Well and Vigurs and then Leitch, who had another impressive game, drilled shots just wide of target.

Two minutes from the break the Fir Park side doubled their lead. Another long ball, this time from Hammell, floated over Celtic’s central defenders, and when Anier nudged the ball in front of Zaine Francis-Angol, the Antiguan squeezed his shot through Forster’s legs to make it 2-0.

That would have been commanding at half-time but for the third time in recent weeks, Stuart McCall’s men conceded a goal just before the break.

There appeared to be little danger as Stokes collected the ball deep inside the box with his back to goal but the striker turned and clipped a delightful shot high over the stretching Nielsen and under the cross bar.

While that gave Celtic the initiative to chase an equaliser from the start of the second half, Motherwell almost extended their lead after 53 minutes. Vigurs’ in-swinging corner found Fraser Kerr and his header was netbound until Beram Kayal stooped on the goal line to head clear.

Painfully, just two minutes later Celtic were level. Stokes shot was heading down the centre of the goal until Georgios Samaras stuck out a leg to redirect the ball high into the net.

It was the end-to-end stuff as both sides then went looking for a winner.

And after Leitch fired another shot narrowly wide Nielsen pulled of a great block to deny Brown.

Another inswinging corner from Vigurs caused panic in the Celtic goal forcing Forster to beat the ball off his line with claims it had already crept over.

With ten minutes remaining Neil Lennon’s men had another narrow escape when Anier turned well in the area but Forster excellently turned around his firm shot.

There were loud shouts for a penalty when Samaras appeared to control a cross with his hands but referee Craig Thomson waved aside claims. Television pictures would show it was an excellent decision from the official.

It turned out to be a doubly whammy five minutes later when Celtic grabbed the lead. Stokes ball from the edge of the box rolled in behind the home defence and Leigh Griffiths reacted quickest to sweep the ball behind Nielsen for what looked like the winner.

However with Craig Moore and Lionel Ainsworth coming off the bench ‘Well were determined to take something from the game and were rewarded in the final minute.

Reid, who had a terrific ninety minutes in his new role, fed the ball in behind Izaguirre leaving Ainsworth to race to the line before steering the ball across the goal line allowing Sutton to force the ball into the net for his 22nd goal of the season and boost ‘Well’s final push for a European place.

Story Courtesy: Motherwell F.C Website: